Enjoy a Better Smile with
Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment system that corrects bite and alignment discrepancies using a series of clear aligners instead of conventional metal brackets and arch wires. This is an ideal method of creating a beautifully aligned smile without others noticing that you’re in orthodontic treatment.
How it Works
Invisalign® begins with a consultation to gather diagnostic information for this aesthetic treatment. We take X-rays, photographs and impressions of your teeth. This information is used to create a computerized model of your teeth that can be manipulated to show you on a computer screen how your teeth will be moved to correct spacing, crowding and other orthodontic issues to create your ideal smile. This computerized model also will show you how your teeth will look once treatment is complete.
Your diagnostic information is sent to the Invisalign® lab where customized aligners made from medical grade plastic are fabricated uniquely for you. You will visit our dental office about every six weeks for checkups and to receive your next series of aligners. You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks before moving on to the next in the series.
The key to Invisalign® is wearing your aligners. When you aren’t wearing them, your teeth aren’t in active treatment. If you want to complete your treatment on time and achieve the best results, wear your aligners at least 22 hours per day.
Benefits of Invisalign®
- Aligners are virtually unnoticeable when worn, which makes them ideal for business professionals and others who don’t want people to know they are in orthodontic treatment.
- There are no dietary restrictions because aligners are removed before meals.
- Special dental care tools such as proxy brushes and floss threaders are unnecessary, since you can remove the aligners to brush and floss normally.
- The aligners can be removed for key moments, such as wedding photos, speaking engagements or for playing wind instruments.
- Treatment time for adults averages about 12 months.